Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Day 4 - Albuquerque, NM

Day 4 – Albuquerque, NM

Odometer Reading – 2011

Family Day with The Andersons

After a hearty breakfast at the Big Texan, we packed our gear and headed west for New Mexico. Here's a few photos of the place:

The Big Texan



Dnomlas & The Great Cow


The weather was fair, a little windy but the time just flew by. We reached Albuquerque in four hours and were greeted by my aunt, Susan. Susan is one of the coolest people I know and she graciously welcomed us into her home with open arms. Her daughter, Emily, is my second youngest cousin on my mother’s side. She recently got her driver’s license and I could not get over the fact that she was no longer the little girl I use to play with oh so long ago. She’s a full-fledged teenager with all the fun, drama, and angst that come with job. It felt good to be there, watch them interact, and I even got to see Susan’s grand-daughter, Joey. She is absolutely adorable. It took her a minute to warm up to me but…before the night was over, we were playing the “Peek-a-Boo” game and everything.


After an embarrassing round of X-Box Dance Revolution, booking our hotels for Vegas and L.A., and watching some crazy video on Emily’s MySpace page, I called it a night. Albuquerque is a great place and Susan and Emily were fantastic hosts.

Thanks again, Susan & Em!!! We had a great time and appreciated the hospitality.


Next post – Vegas, Baby!!!

No comments: