Sunday, May 20, 2007

Day 3 - Six Flags Over Texas

Day 3 – Arlington, TX (Between Dallas & Ft. Worth)

Odometer Reading – 1376.6 (To the park)

Theme Park – Six Flags Over Texas

I woke up this morning with a smile on my face. No, I didn’t have that dream with Salma Hayek, Thandie Newton and a hot tub filled with warm Jell-O again. I was smiling because I knew that we were going to begin Day Three of the Smokin’ Monkey Coaster Tour. The Heritage Inn served its purpose last night and they provided Krispy Kreme donuts with their continental breakfast. The Orange Juice did taste like 1970’s Tang but Whatchugonnado?!?!

We got to the park at 9:30 AM. The parking lot was relatively empty. The roller coasters sparkled in the sunlight. Check this video for a summary of the day’s event:



That’s what I’m talking about!!! In and out in record time. No long lines, No crowds, everyone has the same goal: Having a good time at the park. The video shows the grades Da MF Man and I gave the rides but I’m giving an additional 500 bonus points due to all the park characters that were out for pictures. Even though it was early in the day, it was still over 75 degrees. The kids stuck in those costumes should get hazard pay due to heat exhaustion. Check out the pictures:


Yes…Even I decided to get out from behind the camera for one pose myself. I wasn’t a fan of Scooby-Doo when I was a child. Something about talking dogs and Shaggy eating dog biscuits (Scooby Snax) just didn’t sit right with me back then. But, I never saw them at a park before so…here’s your photo:



After refueling the Smokin’ Monkey-Mobile at the Quik Trip and grabbing a burger (no fries) from the Sonic Drive-Thru, we headed northwest for Amarillo, TX. We have reservations (Yes, reservations this time) at the Big Texan restaurant and motel. The Big Texan is famous for its 72 oz steak dinner that is free if you can eat the entire meal inside of an hour. If not, it costs $72.00. Neither one of us are going to attempt that feat. I was having problems with the last burrito I got a Moe’s the other day. The last time I was area was around 25 years ago when my family drove to Albuquerque, NM to visit my uncles Edwin, Don, and Clifford. Now as an adult, I return to this part of the country.

Overall, it was a much better day for roller coasters. Two parks down, too many more to go.

That's enough for now. Catch us on the next episode of Tales From The Smokin' Monkey Coaster Tour...
Same Smokin’ Monkey Time.
Same Smokin’ Monkey Channel.

No comments: