Sunday, June 3, 2007

Day 10 - 11: Mountains, Mountains Everywhere The Eye Can See!!

Day 10 – 11: Six States + Two Guys = Boring!!!

Final odometer reading – 5392.5

When Da MF Man and I decided we were going to take this road trip, we discussed the route we were going to take numerous times. We were excited about the prospect of driving from state to state, riding roller coasters. That got old once we drove from Nevada, through Utah and Wyoming, and ending in Colorado. As the video shows, we finally got a real continental breakfast in Elko, Nevada but by then, I had lost track of the day number when I went through my opening line to start the video:



I should not say that the ride was boring. I did watch two DVD's on my laptop somewhere between Salt Lake City and Cheyenne. I also played a few rounds of The Sims 2 and Pirates Gold, two PC games. Outside of seeing the a few Mormons and the actual Salt Lake of Salt Lake City, there was nothing else to get too excited about. Not a big day for pictures or videos. Once we reached our hotel in Ft. Collins, CO., we were glad to only have one more round of all day driving.

Day 11

We drove through Denver, CO., all of Kansas (The Kansas state troopers have five different versions of their squad cars: Kind of makes it difficult to keep track of which vehicles could be trying to pull us over - Thank Goodness for "Road Dogs), and finally made it to Kansas City, MO. The hotel was fine. We went to a BBQ joint called Grady's. Great BBQ!!! I admit the picture is very dark but...it was a last minute decision to get a picture of the place.


No comments: